Buying a home is one of the milestones in every person’s life. Here are a few tips to follow before buying a flat in Guwahati
1. Location: Selecting a property close to offices, schools, malls, parks, etc plays a vital role in buying a flat. Location not only impacts the market value but also the standard of living. Also, explore social infrastructure such as hospitals, departmental stores, banks, etc in the vicinity of the residential project. Some of the prominent locations to acquire a flat in Guwahati are – Lokhra Road, VIP Road, Near NH-37, etc.
2. Affordability– The price of a flat is an important determinant before booking a house. Guwahati offers some of the best 2/3 BHK flats under 50 lakhs in prime locations. Also, if one decides to take a home loan, attractive interest rates are offered by both public and private sector banks in Guwahati. Moreover, property documents are also validated during the loan sanction process.
3. Reputed builder– Inspect whether the project is registered under RERA. A reputed builder with a good track record will be professional in his approach and will ensure all the necessary approvals and NOCs from development authorities are taken. Click here to see some of the registered RERA projects in Guwahati.
4. Must-have amenities- Amenities play a crucial role in improving the quality of life. Some of the essential amenities include adequate car parking, security services, CCTV installations, power backup, elevators, and water supply. Additionally, we need to realize the benefits of activities like playing outdoors, swimming, yoga, jogging, gyms, etc, and their positive impact on our holistic health. Therefore, choosing an apartment with these amenities will help in leading a reasonable life.
5. Vantage point- Higher floors often give the best possible apartment view. One also gets better light and ventilation and there is a lower impact of street-level disturbances compared to those on lower floors. However, floor rise charges apply which makes living on higher floors marginally costlier.